About the Tournament
Resolute Lacrosse proudly announces the Resolute Shootout at The Ohio State University. The youth tournament will feature teams from all over the Midwest and will be an awesome day of lacrosse!
This family friendly lacrosse festival will feature a pro player autograph session, interactive STX display area, shot speed radar booth, food area, vendor village, Lacrosse the Nations fundraiser and much more! Bring the whole crew!
Each team will receive 15 tickets to the Ohio State vs. Air Force game in the Shoe!
Teams will be categorized into three divisions:
· 3rd/4th Grade
· 5th/6th Grade A
· 5th/6th Grade B
A maximum of 16 teams per division will be admitted. Tournament spots are reserved on a first come, first served basis, so register now to guarantee your participation! Each team will compete in a minimum of 4 games.
- TWO 20-MINUTE HALVES/2-MINUTE HALF-TIME (For fields 1-4) – FIELD #5 ONLY: 19-MINUTE HALVES/2-MINUTE HALF-TIME: Teams change field direction for the 2nd half.
- RUNNING TIME
- Officials start and end the game on their own clock.
- PENALTIES: Penalized players must serve (except goalie); penalty time kept by officials on the field.Technical Penalties will be 1:00 minute running time and Personal Penalties will be 2:00 minutes running time.
- NO TIMEOUTS
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Players substitute on the fly.
- NO ADVANCEMENT TIME RULES
- UNDER TWO-MINUTES, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP IT IN THE BOX
- RULES FOR DIVISION TIE BREAK – 1. GOALS AGAINST 2. GOALS FOR 3. COIN FLIP
- NO OVERTIME, Except in Championship game. If games go to overtime, the winner will be decided by a “Braveheart.” BRAVEHEART RULES: Each team will send out one player to take the faceoff and a goalie. Goalies are not allowed to cross midfield. The first player to score, wins.
- LIMITED BODY CHECKING; NO BLATANT HITS; NO TAKE-OUT CHECKS: Big hits and overly physical play (even within five yards from a loose ball), as well as excessive force, roughness, checking or hitting off the ball, constitutes unnecessary roughness and will result in a 1 minute penalty.
- Resolute Shootout directors expect tournament officials to “err” on the side of safety. All coaches involved with teams in the tournament are expected to understand, support and communicate our philosophy with regard to officiating and the promotion of player safety.
- MERCY RULE in effect during pool play but not during playoffs (applies when there is a 4 goal differential). Teams down by 4 goals or more will be awarded the ball at midfield after each goal. The second half starts with a face-off regardless of goal differential.
Special 3-4 Grade Rules (in addition to applicable rules above)
- 10 v 10 (Player serves all penalties, team does not)
- No defense sticks longer than 4′
- Limited body checking (officials will be asked to call it close and discourage aggressive play)
Keeping / Reporting Scores
- Officials are responsible to keep score on each field and to report scores following the games.
- Following each game, coaches from both teams are asked to help facilitate the reporting of scores to the site headquarters. Unreported scores will be treated as a tie for both teams.
Sportsmanship / Conduct / Disputes / Sprit of the Game
- Poor sportsmanship, taunting, trash talking, fighting or other unbecoming behavior on the part of players, coaches, parents or fans will not be tolerated. Tournament organizers and officials reserve the right to eject offenders, terminate a game and/or escort coaches, players, teams or fans from the premises.
- Only head coaches are permitted to address the officials; coaches are expected to do so in a courteous manner.
- Any questions or disputes will be discussed only by the head coach and the officials on the field. Disputes will be resolved on the field in the spirit of the game. Determinations of officials are final and binding.
- All persons involved with the Resolute Shootout or visiting the facility are expected to “Honor the Game.”
- Coaches are asked to make sure their players clean their bench areas of water bottles and other debris after each game